Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"What the heck did I just drink!?"

I wake up around 8:00 to my youngest son chitter-chattering in his room, which is next to mine, and my two older boys already about to kill eachother. I think to myself, "Oooh, I can play on my new laptop today!" and then I remember, "I can start my Whey Protein today, too! I forgot!" I get the baby from his room, head to the kitchen and mix myself this wonderful chocolatey protein drink! RIIIIIIGHT! "The scoop is HUUUUGE and they want me to use two!? No way!" I barely get one mixed in and I take my fist swallow. I can feel my insides churning and I quickly begin to gag. It takes everything in me to keep that one swallow of "the best-tasting musclebuilding milk protein formula" down! WOW! I take another big swallow. So big my cheecks are full. "Just drink it fast! Get it down!" I think to myself! I swallow hard and immediately take a gulp of water. Repeat. Gag after gag, it's just not working. I take another mouthful, swallow and this time I try a big bite of bananna. Still bad but do-able. I stand at the sink for what seems to be forever before I get it all down. I take a minute to collect myself and think "What the heck did I just drink!?" That definitely is NOT the "best-tasting!"

Did I do something wrong? How can people take this stuff? Is there some secret I don't know about? I want to continue... I want the benefits, I just don't know if I can do that everyday, 2-3x a day!!!


Sigh...

anyway, I went shopping late last night so I would have lots of healthy cooking options. I came home with so much chicken, several different spices, vegetables, etc. One thing I'm not sure of, though, is how many calories I should consume? I know the amount my body is used to is probably a big no-no to this new way of living, but if I up them, will it make me gain? It's like if I eat one calorie over what I am used to now, I gain!

[In the most pathetic sounding voice I can work up] "Ughh, I need help!"

No comments:

Post a Comment