Thursday, April 15, 2010

Raising the bar!

"You don't know what your limits are unless you test them -- unless you keep raising the bar."


Today was day 2 of Insanity. I fought with myself all morning until finally I said, "You buy all these workouts, do two or three days, and QUIT! It's 60 days!! Just do it! ALL 60!" So I got out my Plyo Cardio Circuit and I PUSHED PLAY! It's warm up time... already sweat was dripping, my heart was racing, and I began to question myself! "This is hard!" I kept at it. I got into it and a little over half way through Shaun T walks over to one of the women and says, "You've never worn a sports bra before this have you?!" And she screamed with so much emotion "NO!" and she looked so amazing! I broke out into tears, screamed my way through the rest of the workout and I FINISHED! I finished, I finished, I FINISHED!!!!

Why did I cry? Because I can imagine how that woman felt before she was able to put a sports bra on to workout... to feel comfortable enough. I workout at HOME! I put a sports bra on and THEN put a huge t-shirt on top of it.
I cried because I want this so, so badly! I can't live another day feeling miserable because I can't make myself complete a measly 60 day workout! NO MORE! Today was day 2, tomorrow is day 3, the day after is 4, etc, etc... I WILL COMPLETE INSANITY! I'm eating healthy again and I am NOT giving up!
I'm ready to dig... DEEP!!


"The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before."

1 comment:

  1. Resistance bands are great for working out at home. Not only are they affordable, they take up very little space in your home. You can travel with them too. I've got some free exercises that
    your readers might be interested in. They're live daily workouts, but they record them so
    they can be watched when you have time. I like these because I don't get bored like I do with
    DVD's. Every day they have a new workout, but it's complimentary to the previous day's
    workout. They've got a good mix of cardio and strength training. There are workouts for
    men, women, and teens. It's like having a personal trainer in your own home.

    ReplyDelete